Friday 19 April 2013

Further Concept Development





Considering the potential difficulty of actually being able to make a prototype of my previous preferred outcome from the ideation, I have developed my second favourite design, which I believe to be a more achievable design, considering the time constraints on this project and also my metal working know-how.

For this design I explored what possible shapes can be made within the 400mm^3 volume stool. I preferred to keep the walls of the design all perpendicular to the ground as to keep within the cube shape.
I also considered the ability of all of the sub-varieties of this stool to be stacked, as is helpful in a cafe, the most likely setting for such a stool.

I do not yet know what sizes of steel rods are available to me, so I have not yet decided on how many will be included in the final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment