Friday 12 April 2013

Scale Prototype






The images above are of a scale model of my preferred design outcome. The scale of the model is 1:5 and is made from construction paper. Despite the material the structure is strong and can balance weight quite well, though I believe it may help to add supports behind the hanging columns to strengthen it in the axis running perpendicular to the curved seating plane. The final 1:1 scale prototype will likely have to be made from sheet steel and due to the small radius in the curve lines, will most likely require some cutting to aid bending.

I worked on various shapes and sizes for this particular stool until I was happy with how it was proportioned. The dimensions of the single sheet of construction paper I used to make this are 380mm x 80mm. The radius of the curved surface is 110mm and the length and width of the columns are 50mm by 20mm.


No comments:

Post a Comment